02-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #50
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Most vegetables are LOW CARB. You can eat salad all day and not get the carbs in one slice of bread. Every low carb diet worth a damn calls for plenty of vegetables.

I get annoyed at all these gymheads who keep harping on how essential meat is and how vegetables are full of carbs. They're not. Meat and animal products should only be supplementary to your diet, and not make up the crux of it.

You can eat salads and vegetables all day long and be considered on a low-carb diet. You're getting into high school level semantics about what a carb is and what a protein is. Did you know that PLANTS have PROTEIN too? Yeah, must've blown your mind with that one, huh.

Bottom line, vegetables are the basis of any healthy diet, including low-carb diets.
Please stop trying to appear like you know what you're talking about. Vegetables are carbohydrate based foods. Period. You said fruits and vegetables are not carbohydrates. That's not accurate.

Your cookie cutter view of diet is flawed. Can you tell me how eskimos remain healthy despite the lack of both fruit and vegetables in their diet due to climate and geographical location?

As far as my diet, I am known as a sympathetic, fast oxidizer. I oxidize carbohydrates very, very quickly; eating carbohydrates leaves me low energy as I convert them to glucose extremely quickly. In order to balance out my metabolism, I eat a diet consisting largely of fat and protein based foods to help slow down my oxidative rate and the conversion of carbohydrate into glucose. This may not work for you (or others) as you may be have a completely different metabolic type and would therefore require a different ratio of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins at each meal.

Human beings are omnivores and designed to eat both animal and plant based foods. Finding the write combination of these foods for YOUR metabolism is paramount to achieving optimal health. Each individual is metabolically unique just as we differ in appearance. Knowing this, we can debunk the myth that one diet will work for all people. This simply is not probable given the wide diversity of people and food availability worldwide. A diet that worked for you may cause imbalance in another person. One man's food is another man's poison.

Providing dietary advice or fitness advice for someone without assessing them first is foolish. If you're not assessing, you're guessing.
Appreciate 0