View Single Post
      02-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #55
Skeptikal12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
I never made the claim that someone should avoid dairy. Where do you even get that from. You quote me RECOMMENDING he include dairy in his diet yet you're saying I'm making a claim he should avoid it.

I said I avoid dairy because it doesn't sit well with ME. That's all.

Carbs in vegetables are negligible. You're only confusing the guy by insisting vegetables are carbs. 100g of lettuce has less than 2.5g of carbohydrates whereas 100g of whole wheat bread has almost 50g of carbohydrates. There's a huge difference. Get off it already. He can eat mixed salads to his heart's content every day and still not get as many carbs as he would get with a slice of bread.

As far as the flax and salmon oil (and I'll tie in the veggies in here too), these things go beyond the simple fats/carbs/etc formula. It's not about how many grams of fat a tsp of flax oil adds to your diet. It's about all the amino acids, minerals, vitamins (in the case of the veggies) that your body needs to run right and burn fat. The healthier your body is with all the different vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, etc., the better it will run, the better you'll feel, the better you'll burn fat, the better you'll perform.
You are right, you did say dairy was 'okay'. Then mumbled some nonsense about how it makes you feel. Which would infer that he avoid it.

Bro..... What if those salads, were potato and bean salads and had corn in them!?!?

The only confusing thing is you stating vegetables and fruit are not a source of carbs (and hence calories).
Appreciate 0