View Single Post
      04-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #1130
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So, back to HIIT. I'm considering it for a change-up in the routine. Right now I play soccer on Fridays, might do Saturday too. Sunday or Monday is leg day at the gym, and Wednesday I do some running on the street. Considering making that Wednesday be HIIT day instead. Does HIIT really knock down the leg muscles, or will I still be able to play soccer on Friday night? And for HIIT, how do you measure the 30-sec intervals between jog/sprint?
Do you plan on doing HIIT on the street? If you can do it at a track of measure out a 1/4 mile or 1/8th of a mile it would help a lot. So depending on how I feel my HIIT will range from running full sprint 1 lap around a track (or a psuedo one on a treadmill) and walking 1/2 lap. rinse and repeat.

If you're doing it on a street I'd sprint the 1/4 or 1/8th mile, walk back, and repeat.

For me I like going the full lap because if something is too repetitive I get bored.

I personally don't feel like HIIT ruins my legs, it just ruins my will to live because you're so cardiovascularly exhausted.
Appreciate 0