08-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #130
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
I was supposed to have the second car delivered in Southern California (and the first at Bob Smith BMW) but was told the Pure World cars are the first batch. Since I dislike that "world" and grey seats I've said I'll wait. Any idea on when the next batch are coming? I don't have a production number yet obviously.
Like you, my first preference for the interior is not Pure Impulse (I want Tera), so my dealer is trying to swap my car that has finished production for another with the same specs, but with Tera instead of PI. Don't think anyone knows for sure when they'll start taking orders for the other worlds. As you probably know if you've read other posts in this thread, the first year's production (2014) will all be either Pure Impulse or Tera World. As you noted, the first batch are PI, but since they've run into production shortages from the seat supplier, roughly half of the cars for Model Year 14 will be Tera World. PI is intended to be available for only MY14 and MY15, so who knows when they will start letting other worlds be ordered. A related question is when does production for the i8 transition from MY14 to MY15. I've read on other threads that the changeover for MY varies according to the vehicle. Anyone have thoughts on when this might happen for the i8?
Appreciate 0