View Single Post
      04-10-2020, 11:24 PM   #790
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Ventured out today for the first time in a week. Had to get some cash from the ATM, grab a couple bottles from the liquor store drive-thru, then grab some fast food at a burger joint. I was surprised by the number of folks out and about despite the stay-at-home order (although I was one of them).

Had my first "social distancing" dream last night. I was dreaming about a bunch of friends and colleagues working together on a problem when suddenly I realized we were all in the same room in close proximity. The sudden worry of contamination caused me to wake up.

While WFH has become the norm (and I actually like it), the whole idea of venturing out to pick up a few things has become a ritual of mitigating risks and taking precautions that would have seemed ludicrous just a month or two ago. I'm continually stunned at how quickly normal everyday life can suddenly fall apart. Everything that seemed to be the normal, secure, day-to-day existence is suddenly called into question. We need a better plan. In my world (IT), when shit hits the fan, it usually exemplifies the flaws in your current state of readiness, so you learn from your mistakes and adapt. But this is not just IT. This is our life as it is. There is an obvious flaw in it. Can we adapt and change for the better?

I mean you still can't buy toilet paper!! F**king toilet paper!! Shit has hit the fan and we have no way to deal with it. We need to rethink "normal."

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8211.00
vreihen1615277.00
W///7494.00