05-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #46
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Yes (Finland), but I've not even heard of European orders that have been placed. Have you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
Yeah, I've heard of a couple from Denmark, UK, I think one for Greenland, the US is the only country I'm sure there are no orders. Friday the local dealer said they had M3/M4 order slots for the next 3 months but still nothing for the i8, even though they were expecting the i8 to hit first.
Yep, I'm in the UK @Carac, and my spec is in BMW's ordering system and has been submitted to BMW (with contract signed).
First customer deliveries in the UK are expected Dec-14 (c. September build); mine is Nov-14 build, with delivery expected Jan-15 (although I'm half expecting it to slip to Feb-15 TBH, in which case I will delay collection until Mar-15 due to the way UK year registrations work, i.e. it will be a '15 reg' as opposed to a '64 reg' (if it were to be registered anytime between Sep-14 and Feb-15 inc.).
However, it is worth noticing that BMW have said that now that initial orders have been placed across UK & Europe etc. they will now have a better idea how to allocate vehicles to different dealerships. Consequently they have said that further announcements regarding dealership allocations will be announced in the forthcoming weeks.

T
Appreciate 0