04-22-2020, 07:22 PM   #144
spencers
Captain
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: Sthrizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Is there a grinder you recommend that isn't crazy expensive? I thought about grinding beans and went down an Amazon rabbit hole ultimately not buying anything because I couldn't find anything reasonable that didn't have some bad reviews.

See that is what I have been messing with. Couple things though, I can't get more than 14 grams of coffee in my puck. Even bought a different puck that's not pressurized or something and was suppose to be better, still 14 grams and no change in taste. I also read it should take around 25-30 sec for the entire amount of coffee to come through. I'm waaaay shorter than that, even when I push that coffee in, if I push too hard it wont come out at all.
You need a burr grinder that can grind fine enough for espresso. There are manual hand grinders out there that are far cheaper than electric ones.

A 14 gram basket is fine. Non pressurized baskets are great when you have freshly ground beans. The issue you’re running into is that your beans either aren’t fresh enough or aren’t ground fine enough. That’s why your shot is pulling faster than 30 seconds. Fix that, and you’ll be on your way to better tasting coffee!
Appreciate 1