08-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #15
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
The number of 2.4 GHz networks around you have no bearing on AC operation as AC operates exclusively on 5 GHz.

Not sure why you despise access point configurations as they're the only system that can scale properly and perform the best. This is provided you're not trying to tie independent access points together to fake a unified wireless system.
I'm sorry that I didn't explicitly state that my router operates very well in 2.4 GHz mode despite the saturation of the spectrum where I live. Also, it should be noted that 5 GHz is on it's way to the same saturation issues 2.4 GHz has been experiencing for years. Providers are now, and have been for a long time, sending out their connectivity equipment with built-in N routers with 5 GHz spectrum for the N and, lately, AC routers. Not to mention most consumer N routers are 5 GHz capable and have been for quite some time.

Most people don't have an inkling as to how to create a unified wireless network on a small scale. As easy as it seems to you and I, most end up barely getting the "faking it" unified network up. We agree on this here.
Appreciate 0