View Single Post
      08-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #186
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
I don't think its a sort of thing. I've now done more research. He supports PSV, and Holland in football and calls himself a Dutch born in Belgium. I'm Portuguese, raised Portuguese but born in the US. I feel like I'm Portuguese, I support Benfica and Portugal in football. I guess I understand Max. Looks like his racing career was groomed but the Dutch and neglected by the Belgians... Very similar to my situation as a footballer. I actually played for the US u17 National team to later be rejected from the final 2003 World Cup squad, decided to move to England to play for for Derby County when they were in the Prem, i was 16/17 and in the final academy team and pulled in to reserve matches. I was under my Bermudian citizenship which made that possible. I was called up to the US U23 national pool after turning 18 and denied the call. Now i have reservations about the USMNT. I was reading a few people saying something happened where Max was supported by Belgium in his youth career.
I commend you for the teams you joined in different countries to further your career.
Appreciate 1