12-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #13
patsgarageonline
patsgarageonline.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
For a not very old car with 26,500 miles on it, that sounds like a TON of issues to me. I don't have anywhere near that many issues on my approaching 200,000 mile M cars that see lots of HARD (track) use. Our i3, in our 20,000 miles of DD use (45,000 total miles), has had zero issues.

What model year is your car?
Mine is a 2015 model that was owned by the dealership owner prior to going up for sale at his dealership. He primarily used it while on vacation, so it was like new compared to the other i8's I drove to see between Pittsburgh, Philly and N. VA when I was shopping around. I checked out 13 different i8's in person prior to selecting mine.

Compared to many other i8 posts I've read about, I seem to be "better than the norm" compared to some of the significant issues I've read about. The technology on this car is bleeding edge, regardless of it being just a hybrid with a 3 cylinder. So, you have to go into ownership realizing that you may get into a very expensive, disabling condition and you can't fix it yourself.