02-11-2022, 05:12 PM   #40
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yeah aston is so impressive right now, and the key thing is the side pod design and tea tray, those things will not be able to be changed mid season like a front wing could be. So they got the big bit down early, I am very curious to see how well aston does. Remember stroll said world champion in '22, '23, '24 so that would be epic if it happened lol.

The crazy thing is the brawn double diffuser was made by the same team that now is mercedes, and you have seen their constant innovation: DAS, squatting suspension, swept back rear suspension for better aero, narrow nose etc etc etc. They are the ones constantly making big innovations while the rest just copy, so I would not be suprised if mercedes came out with a huge game changing innovation once more. Mercedes are the quiet ones never talking super loud and you never hear rumours about their designs, but once they reveal it is major. So I am excited to see some cool engineering.
Mercedes development is incredible they truly think outside the box for solutions. As you stated the innovations that have made since they were Brawn is really impressive. As a Hamilton fan, I'm cautiously optimistic but believe they will at the front of the grid again. We can't forget that Newey has designed some incredible cars in his career,so lets see what Red Bull roll out. I still think its between those two teams.
Appreciate 0