01-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #449
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
You are right on. I just had the watch overhauled summer 2015 and here is the list on what the repair store had to replace.

The watch was not worn during the 80's and 90's at all as I had other Rolex watches to wear. My dad's rolex was broken and he was wearing this particular watch for 5+ yrs in the late 2000's and it eventually broke and stopped. Only this year I had the watch back and took it in for a repair. Rolex shop told me I have a vintage model and once repaired, it still worth some $ if I do ever decide to sell. Although it will not command a high price, but certainly $4K US is totally possible to the right collector.
Lets be clear, my apologies if I insinuated anything. I was very certain that the watch was authentic, and I could see the parts were all authentic Rolex service replacements. I would pull that receipt photo as it shows the serial number of the watch.
I love the 5513 and it is the one vintage Rolex I want most, with an original vintage maxi dial.

As I said before, that is still one very nice watch and considering it's original retail, it is still quite valuable. cheers
Appreciate 0