View Single Post
      09-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #9
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

Txs all,

I'm going to do a change, the PM, wanted to run conduit, from where the LT would be to the TV, it's a long run (he's taking some long route), but I have a problem, that though HDMI works for say netflicks, IF I wanna DJ through my mixer HDMI won't work, I usually need a combination of stuff.

SO, I'm going to simulate what I've got upstairs, my TV, will connect to a Denon receiver/amp/speakers via HDMI, Now that is only a 6-10ft run.
BUT that won't let me video DJ

I'm going to try and get a composite video or maybe a VGA to HDMI connector or similar from my laptop to the TV and the audio output will go to my DJ mixer, I'll run it along the baseboard in a surface conduit, that run would be about 15feet

As it's a bit hit and miss trying to work out the connectors, I'll need to do a suck it and see method.

When I was DJ'ing at a party, I had the same problem, they had an overhead projector, which worked fine through HDMI, but when I tried to connect the AUDIO from my laptop to the mixer, I couldnt get any sound out of the laptop.

So in the end I had to do a VGA cable, and then my audio out from my laptop worked
Appreciate 0