Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 40Msport, F33 440, E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
Forums are always a great place to find people with completely opposite viewpoints.

I have never seen a rag top that I thought looked good. Hard tops verts just feel like the best of both worlds to me.

All that said, I'm not a vert guy, so whatever you guys are into is what I hope BMW keeps making.
Agree wholeheartedly, that's the whole pt why they made hardtop verts. Rags are just an afterthought, like 'meh, we gotta make a cover for this car, so *poof*, have some fabric' lol.

That being said, ASAP makes some sense if it's true the wt penalty is 500lbs, that's just insane. Still, hardtop is better-looking, hard to see otherwise, metal vs a rag? Forget about it.

Anyway, I'm really a coupe guy, unless my next car has a carbon tub, then bring on the topless once more.
It is true — the 4 series hard top adds 510 pounds between the roof itself and the extra bracing.

I agree though - it feels much more like 2 cars in one. A stock M4 vert, even without a little work can still get you from 0-speeding ticket in a couple of clicks...almost no one would take one to a track day. Good mix of versatility, speed (yes, even fat it can still run), luxury, and refinement in my book

M4 (sold)
335is (sold)
Appreciate 0