View Single Post
      12-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

OP as you can see there are mixed opinions on Seattle. I lived there for 18 years and the pluses outweighs the minuses imo. If you are an outdoorsy type it will be heaven, so many things to do and the scenery is absolutely stunning. My favorite part of the state was exploring it all, the San Juan Islands, Mt. Rainer, the rain forests, and Vancouver BC just a couple of hours away from Seattle. In the summer it has the best weather in the US, low humidity and average temps in the 70s.

I think the people are friendly enough except during the winter people go into the "Seattle freeze", they hibernate and don't really socialize. Also as others have mentioned the traffic is horrible. The biggest drawback is the rain, you get a constant light drizzle for eight months straight. Some people that live there don't mind the rain, so that's a good question to ask yourself before moving there. I got used to it but after many years enough was enough. And yes the real estae it is expensive... but some areas are worth the investment and you can make money if that's your thing.

But overall I loved living in Seattle.
Appreciate 2
Ickdeep5706.00
Germanauto9665.50