08-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #15
E94
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgtran21 View Post
id get the Audi. I went to the tesla dealership and the quality of the seats, door panels, dash its mediocre. The big ipad looking screen is super cool. Audi a7 is a super nice car. plenty of power and decent gas mileage. If you plan on selling the car within a couple of years then i think that the tesla will hold more value than the audi.

my .02
I have yet to sit in a tesla, but from pictures it looks top notch. And you are right about the resale value. Although I bet the value would take a huge hit if tesla was to release something significantly cheaper or with a better range in the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I would only buy the Tesla I rarely or never planned to drive it to cities out of my area (cities more than 100 miles away would be too much).

Cincinnati to Cleveland is 250 miles. Should be easy 4 hours up, 4 hours back. Instead plan to stop in Columbus, drive to some out of the way Supercharger, sit for 30 minutes, drive to Cleveland, drive to some out of the way Supercharger, sit for 30 minutes, on way home, repeat in Columbus. My 8 hour drive just took 9 1/2 hours even if the Supercharger was conveniently located which is close to zero chance. You can plan to make the stop at lunch but then you need to start at the time you want and still deal with what is available at the Supercharger.

As a second car where I can swap with my wife I think it would be fine.
true
Appreciate 0