08-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #36
E94
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool View Post
Well since I bought a Tesla, I ll give Tesla a vote. I don't think its interior is much worse. Kind of like comparing a BMW 5 to an Audi 6/7 difference. Basically the Audi interior is better, but only slightly. The center screen does not impact driving whatsoever... actually you don't really even notice it while you are focused on driving. The UI is super easy to use. If you actually use nav, there's a 3d nav that comes up on the left side of the dash. Software 7.0 should be coming out soon. The adaptive cruise is really nice and good to use on daily commute on the highway. My work garage has two chargers, so I basically get free power.

According to my research on many forum posts, battery degradation should really not exceed 10% even at 100+k miles, so there's really no need to be worried about that. Ya the forum has frequent minor complaints (and some major issues), but that's the case with all car forums... Look at the M3/4 forums... many minor to serious issues with the cars.

I think Tesla is one of the best cars I have driven/owned so definitely recommend. I assume you have a ICE car that you can use for road trips to places without SCs. Depending on your location, may not be good to only have a Tesla without an ICE car.
Great to hear from someone who bought one!

Another thing that I am liking about the tesla is the safety rating. They are freakin tanks man, have you seen the crash tests on youtube?
Appreciate 0