View Single Post
      06-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #14
Judge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

It's hit or miss. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I can't help but notice that whenever they film in the US they go out of their way to deliberately portray Americans as redneck hicks, especially the episode where a small town mayor shows up and starts dancing for no reason. In another episode they go to Detroit and interview a crazy local who says of course everyone in America walks around with a gun.

Then there is the segment where Clarkson reviews a car and finds it brilliant and rubbish at the same time. He'll go on about how cool this feature is or how revolutionary that part is but then he says, "Would I recommend it....no." Or he'll trash a car for several minutes before saying how "brilliant" it is and that it's the best car he's ever driven. By the end you really have no idea what to take from it.

The cinematography is first rate though, and James May seems like the perfect drinking buddy who always has a story and knows a little something about everything.