View Single Post
      08-30-2016, 03:09 AM   #77
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
You freaked me out a bit but after a fair amount of searching, i have't found much mentioned about this after 2012. There were a few threads in 2015, but still related to the SB66. And after some more reading, it seems that many of the cracks were crash related. Even then, Yeti still offers deeply discounted replacement parts to those riders. I'm in FL, so i don't ride rock gardens and don't crash often. I'm assuming it'll be fine and their CS should take care of me if it isn't.

Sorry to hear about your issue with the Lapierre. Road, MTB?
Lapierre zesty 514 mtb. The 2011/12 carbon models were plagued with failures in the rear triangle and around the bottom bracket. Supposedly they had resolved all the issues for the 2013 model.

The bike ticked every box so went for it knowing it could be a risk. Like you though it had a 5 year frame warranty and as cracked frames are a common problem lapierre are fairly on the ball with replacements.

had the bike in the shop January this year to replace the frame bearings and they noticed the tiniest hairline crack around the bottom bracket. Credit to the bike shop I could barely see it even when he was pointing at it. Ended up with a replacement 2015 827 frame instead which is actually better than the original. It also has the added bonus it's a 27.5 frame so I'm now looking st stripping it and rebuilding my dream spec with the new frame.

The only hastle I've had with warranty claims is not lapierre its hotlines who are the uk distributor which means you have to go through them and not direct to lapierre. It just drags the whole process out and takes twice as long as needed.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00