View Single Post
      01-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #100
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
How is the Vue? The only thing that im noticing right off the bat is that for the price of the "Core" package, i get Hulu live w/ access to the hulu 'limited commercial' library.
So... I'm doing the "opposite" of you I guess. Trying Vue first as it seemed like a more comprehensive cable-replacement for us. When I first started evaluating, the DVR wasn't available on Hulu and I'm not even sure if Hulu Plus was available.

I'm liking Vue so far. The kids have no issue whatsoever. My wife has trouble finding what she wants to watch, whether using the voice, search or the guide, which is "opposite" of Xfinity X1. It's "time" down and "channels" across. It confuses her. Sigh.

As far as cost on Hulu vs. Vue, you're right, to a point. Hulu is now including 50 hours of DVR. Vue is... Mark it as a favorite and it's all available via "DVR", for a month. No space limitation but... It's gone after a month.

Conversely... Hulu will sell you the expanded DVR package for $15/month but then... you're right there at the same price as the "Elite" package with Vue.

Vue works with Alexa. I don't think Hulu does, at least yet. Probably a matter of time.

At the end of the day, the $30 or $40 a month savings is "nice" but not ultimately, and only what makes the decision. I also have a wireless HDMI repeater that I need to use to get the Xfinity signal to the TV over the fireplace, which is flanked by sliding glass doors on both sides. Tough to wire. I could but... haven't. I can eliminate that with the Fire, Roku, etc.

I just had to reset the stupid cable box again last night... I don't think reliability is any better or worse vs streaming.

Cost savings aside... A key feature to me is one input. Use one box for everything, Fire, Roku, Chrome, whatever. As I mentioned before... This Fire "box" streams Plex much, much better than the Plex "app" built into the smart tv.
Appreciate 0