View Single Post
      11-29-2019, 08:37 AM   #41
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Interesting reading all of this. Seems this Vanguard is highly regarded by most of you and worth looking into.

Shortly I will have "mid 7 figures" to invest and was considering just putting it in my local investment where I make a pretty consistent 10% to 11% per year. It's a private company but it's been operating here for years, and out of state for even longer, and short of fraud it's pretty stable and relatively risk free.

But I think it would be wise to diversify and put maybe half elsewhere so I've been interested to read these comments. Are there limits on the size of account you can have? Are there better options if you have more than a couple of million in an account?
I have Vanguard through work it's like any other 401k plan. Not sure how competitive their fees are. I would go with any brokerage that gives you as many free trades as possible and low fee trades after that if you trade a lot. The number of free trades is often dependent on how much you have invested. If you are only investing a small amount you could look into the Robin Hood app but to make a decent amount of money you have to invest more. It takes money to make way more money lol.
Appreciate 0