bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I have Vanguard through work it's like any other 401k plan. Not sure how competitive their fees are. I would go with any brokerage that gives you as many free trades as possible and low fee trades after that if you trade a lot. The number of free trades is often dependent on how much you have invested. If you are only investing a small amount you could look into the Robin Hood app but to make a decent amount of money you have to invest more. It takes money to make way more money lol.
I don't have a 401K from work - am not a US Citizen (am a Resident Alien) so was avoiding having my savings locked until retirement (65 isn't it?).

I'm not sure I plan to trade a lot but then I have no idea how this works - I thought you bought into these funds then sat back and watched? I know people playing the money or share markets are more active, but that's really not where I want to be - I'd rather be driving one of my classic cars than deciding what stocks to buy and sell today. That's why I've considered just putting about $4M into this local investment and forgetting about it - less to think about, and I make about 11% pa. And while I feel it's super low risk, I'm sure others felt that about Bernie Madoff too - hence I was thinking I should split it a bit but I just know nothing about investing.
Yes I'm mainly buy and hold, don't trade that much but I take on higher risk and just ride out the fluctuation which has resulted in 114% return over 4 years. Just in the past month I made $25K but there are months when I lose money.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00