View Single Post
      04-17-2020, 12:23 PM   #45
tim99ws6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
After using my buddy's Husky (UGH! Problematic and leaked so badly I got more water on myself than the garage floor) and looking at my budget, I'm sort of leaning towards a Karcher-- seems a reasonable compromise.

I'm more or less pressure washer illiterate, so a few questions (and +/- $300 is probably around the maximum I'd like to spend). Use will be occasional siding wash (two stories), spiders under the eaves, Trex/concrete cleaning, and of course (and most importantly) washing my M2C.

1. Gas vs. Electric? (I haven't had good luck with gas widgets if they have to be pre-mixed).

2. Hose reel-- great idea or gimmick? My storage space is *significantly* limited.

3. Do any of them have "instant on/off" functionality? Seems like a good idea from a noise and pump life standpoint.

4. Specific Karcher model recommendations?

Thanks-- I can't afford (translation: The Minister of War and Finance would KILL me) $1200, but I don't want to buy a "throw-away" junk model-- I tried that once with Harbor Freight and it didn't end well.

R.

1) Gas will generally always be better GPM(Think you want ideal pressure around 1000, so GPM 'rated' is relative. As the pressure drops, generally GPM increases).
The con is, well,...an IC motor is loud, annoying to start, fill with gas, and usually not something you can hard mount

2) if you hard mount(and you should), trust me and GET A REEL. you will get really tired of winding up even a 50' hose. it doesn't need to be a $$$$ cox reel, but yes, in all cases, you will never regret the reel buy.

3) most electric are on off/based when trigger is pulled(electric anyways)

4) Karcher 1700 "cube" is really an EXCELLENT starter. around $100, 3 year no question warranty, more than enough gpm and psi to wash and foam a car. I ran it for 2 years. Is the Kranzle better? YEP, but my karcher performed perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Elect.../dp/B06XRDLVN5

5) spend your money on the 'accessories'. That is, make it effortless to use(hard mount your PW, get the reel, splurge on a gun). The less effort it takes to pull all the 'stuff' out and to put it up, the more enjoyable and ultimately the more hooked you get.

Not everyone is an obsessed garage fan, but he makes the intro into this stuff EASY. he sells a full accessory kit for the 1700 cube(even sells the 1700 cube on his site too)
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...er-accessories
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6775.50