Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Oh also- back to thread topic-

I fucking hate (most not all) franchise chain personal trainers.

So today was leg day and was doing hamstring curls towards the end of my workout - and mind you- it was a lonely evening cause others were getting some- and just the few losers with no valentines were at the gym.

also/ there are 3 hamstring curl machines RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER- and I'm the only one using one, so I leave my towel and my lifting belt on the machine while I go get water.

I come back- and douche bag trainer has already moved my stuff and his client is looking at me like "uh, I'm just doing what he's telling me to do"

I asked captain dickhead why he moved my stuff when there are two other machines available- to which he responded "what you can't share?"

To which I responded "I have zero issue sharing when it's a packed gym- but it's also called common courtesy to ask if you can set in before you move their shit"

Captain dickhead then puffs his chest out and says to me "I asked around" (no one was around to ask

I stood their waiting for his client to finish up, and told him infront of his trainer "it's nothing against you, just learn from what you saw- don't be THAT (pointing at his trainer) guy"

I saw captain homo then talking to a manager so who knows what's gonna happen to my la fitness membership, but I usually go to 24 anyways.
As someone who was a trainer out of golds for 5 years, I have to say the majority of trainers that came through that place were 100% bros. We had one idiot screwing around with his clients keys trying to sign her in and he broke her pepper spray container - whole gym evacuated.

On the other hand, if you could see some of the bullshit we witnessed from the regular gym members - Lord. Never again will I work in a commercial gym.
Not sure if you've seen the Instagram account of gym fuckery- but I'm sure it's a lot of that that you would encounter from the gym goers.

And see- that's the sad part. I KNOW of personal trainers (my strength coach- Molivate, for anyone in the SoCal Long Beach area) and his staff are god sends. A few friends who have gone on to open their own personal training centers are legit too. But it's these "bros" who walk around like they own the commercial gyms that make a lot of people distrust trainers as a whole- something I used to feel until I met my current strength coach. It's sad that they give REAL trainers a bad rep.