02-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #61
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
See my quote above. 100g of lettuce has less than 2.5g of carbs whereas 100g of bread has almost 50g of carbs. Stop confusing the guy by insisting vegetables are carbs. He could eat salads until his eyes turn green and he'd still be on a low-carb diet.
I can't belive we are arguing this point. ALL plant foods are carbohydrate based. If vegetables are not carbohydrate based foods, as you propose, what are they then -- protein or fat based? Lol.

Quote:
Here's a quote from a study on the Inuit (Eskimos):

Inuit Greenlanders, who historically have had limited access to fruits and vegetables, have the worst longevity statistics in North America. Research from the past and present shows that they die on the average about 10 years younger and have a higher rate of cancer than the overall Canadian population.

…We now know that greatly increasing the consumption of vegetables, legumes, fruits, and raw nuts and seeds (and greatly decreasing the consumption of animal products) offers profound increased longevity potential, due in large part to broad symphony of life-extending phytochemical nutrients that a vegetable-based diet contains. By taking advantage of the year-round availability of high-quality plant foods, we have a unique opportunity to live both healthier and longer than ever before in human history.

Wow. You really burned yourself with that one. Try picking examples that actually work in YOUR favor.
You say the American Eskimo and then you quote a "study" about Greenlander Inuit Eskimos. Nice.

Nice try, Sherlock. You find one excerpt on the INTERNET, and you believe it. Likely how you came about believinng the BS you post in this thread. I can find studies that say that smoking is good for you too.

Their life expectancy far outreaches 30 years of age and would only be shorter due to extreme living conditions not dietary intake. The native Eskimos have eaten the same diet for thousands of years. If they stay on that native diet, they live well. If they were to stray from it or have polluted food sources, they become sick and develop degenerative disease.

I suggest you dig into "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston A Price. It is one of the most comprehensive studies and accounts of native diets and the affect that the western diet has on the development of humans.

Quote:
And how exactly do you know this?
Because I am a Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor (CMTA). I know how I react to foods and which ratio of fats, protein, and carbohydrates works best for my metabolism. I am Oxidative Dominant, Sympathetic Second Dominant, and an Endocrine Type.

Individualized nutrition is coming. Too bad there is some much shit (marketing, misinformation) to wade through that people don't see it yet. Better for me though -- $$.
Appreciate 0