View Single Post
      04-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #49
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well not really, hammers are already invented and work great for driving nails. No one is trying to make (reinvent) a screwdriver into a hammer. ICE cars are already invented and they work great. EVs don't in comparison as overall transportation. Everyone who says they use their ICE to take long-distance drives and leave their EV at home, just makes the point. The EV can exist as an alternate choice of transportation in a 2-car household with the other car being ICE. Right now, as a standalone transportation device, EVs have shortfalls.
We're making the same point here. There isn't 1 car, gas-powered or otherwise, that does everything. They're all tools, they all have use cases and trade-offs. If a tool doesn't suit your needs, that doesn't necessarily mean the tool is bad, it just means you need something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'll vote that my E90 is such a car. It's provided a great deal of service to me for a very reasonable cost of 31 cents per mile. It's on it's 15th year of service come May 22nd. I've not had to compromise at all to use it.
An E90 is just as compromised as anything else. Unless you're using it to haul large furniture, tow a boat, drive HPDE's, and got a federal tax credit on it, yes you made some trade-offs here. Honestly even having to gas it up is a genuine compromise.