View Single Post
      04-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #576
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
If you say so, sure. The fakes I see in Luohu Commercial City don't cost anything like that and my whole team of expats has scores of them. Nobody's complained about any of the. That makes them high quality enough.
I really depends what your expectation is. The cheap ones might have the same design but do not have high beat Swiss movements. That's where the costs come in. Most are some cheap 21J movement inside. The genuine ETA movement itself is over $200, they aren't going to stick that in a watch and sell it at a loss. Even a copied ETA 2836-2 is over $100 for a new movement. Also, those costing close to $1000, those would contain a tourbillion movement.. the movement is why it costs so much. Even a Chinese tourbillion is hard to make due to the complexity. The customization to make it look like the the tourbillion from a certain brand makes it extra difficult. Also, replicas with working moon phases and other complications are hard to produce. Those fakes do exist as well but command a high premium for those interested.