09-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #577
vladmury
First Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 325d E90 LCI M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
Were you maybe using the mechanical emergency door release lever when opening the door from the inside, rather than the electronic button near the top of the arm rest assembly? If so, the windows don't drop to clear the weatherstripping, which not only makes the doors harder to open and close, it can also damage the weatherstripping over time if done too much...

We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. To me, the center console feels as solid as a rock, and the upholstered arm rest is really nice.

The gloss black plastic covers over the 2 center console bins are the cheapest parts of the interior trim. I wrapped/covered mine with a woodgrain wrap that matches the open-pore wood dash trim strip perfectly. Took 15 minutes, was very inexpensive and really classes up the overall cabin vibe. It looks OEM.

Hope you end up liking the 3 as much as 95+ of its owners do...
I was using the button to open the doors as supposed to, not using the mechanical emergency release. I am preety familiar with the car and watched dozens of videos on youtube.

Actually, the doors on the G20 are rock solid when closing, they have that nice thud you expect from a premium car. The doors on Tesla, unfortunately, have same sound like my 20 years old Golf MK4. Probably can be improved with some Dynamat and extra seals but still...disappointing for a car at this price level.

The trunk also sounds cheap on Model 3. I get it, they were supposed to save weight and skipped adding extra sound deadening but man...its quite embarrassing shutting the trunk lid in the parking lot. G20 in that regards is excellent, it does not resonate or vibrate when closing the trunk lid.

Regarding the center console, the piano black is crappy I think many owners are going for wrapping it. Should be offered from factory as an option.

I am sure I will enjoy it but I tend to be very focused on quality details when buying a car.
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50