Thread: 2021 MotoGP
View Single Post
      01-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Great post - MotoGP is the F1 of 2 wheel racing machines....

Back in the day, I attended the 1991 and 1993 FIM 500 cc two-stroke Grand Prix bikes at Laguna Seca (now known as Mazda Raceway) just east of Monterey, CA; will never forget seeing Wayne Rainey (US) on the Marlboro Roberts Yamaha, Kevin Schwantz (US) on the Lucky Strike Suzuki, Mick Doohan (AUS) on the Rothmans Honda....these were world-class factory assault GP bikes capable of over 200 mph....it is nearly indescribable to convey just how freaking fast they were going.

i'll never forget - we just got off the public transit from downtown Monterey and were standing in line to get into the track, and the guys in front of us were saying that it was so tragic to see Rainey not racing at his home country track....this was 1991 and the world wide web was just getting started....we did not know that Rainey had a massive shunt at the last GP in Italy....and was now paralyzed....this is surreal - standing there and hearing this, you could look up the hills from the race track and you could see Rainey's house overlooking Laguna Seca Raceway....gives me chills to this day.
MKSixer34184.50
FMLYSDN1181.50