View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #975
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I have wanted to buy a BRZ since they were announced. One test drive shows the stock motor to be severely lacking in development. I would have hoped that six years would have been long enough to rectify that. It hasn't even been slightly addressed, a "refresh" netted all of five hp and didn't address the torque dip at all.

From the sounds of things, Toyota and BMW haven't talked in four years and Toyota is just getting a chassis m, transmission and motor that they seemingly had nearly no input on. Honestly, I'd expect to see a hybrid Great Gazoo long before a manual, and if they do a manual, likely on a stripper with a four banger. Gross.
We both know that car isn't power so lets move along and get back on topic.

Do you have any source for that or is it just an assumption? Like I said before, insider A70TTR has said the 4 banger was not design for the US market and there is a chance that we might not even see it on our shores.

Two reasons, one is when looking back the US market was the only major market where the turbo models outsold the NAs almost two to one. Another reason is the American mindset of bigger is better. This also goes along with "Corvette is king".
Appreciate 0