View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #977
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Just for my own edification, that awesome Mk4 sold for two model years? Or was it three? Why do we keep pretending like Toyota knows boo about selling sports cars?

And while your endless support for this car is charming, neither of us have driven it, seen it or really even been assured it will ever actually see the light of day.

I'm not against it, but Tada San seems about at as reliable as my mailman. Lots of promise, sparse delivery.
From 93-98, and to be fair other Japanese sports cars from that time period (300zx, RX7, SVX, 3000GT) also suffered from poor sales due to the SUV craze and more importantly the high yen to dollar exchange rate. No disagreement there, their North American marketing team sucks.

Lol, please show me where I said this thing will be the next best thing since sliced bread? I have mostly been just updating the thread and I think I have been pretty neutral. It's coming, let's use common sense now. They have already made announcements regarding the official debut, start of production, and sale date. Not to mention the millions that was spent on the R&D.

Well if that is how y'all feel towards Tada, good thing this thing is just a "reskin hardtop Z4" like many here have stated.

Last edited by supra93; 10-03-2018 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0