cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It's just common courtesy to pull over and let people pass rather than to hold them up, regardless of what sort of vehicle you're operating. Bicyclists have a reputation for discourtesy and entitlement that's well-deserved.

In the '90s I was a serious competitive cyclist. But during that same period I was also a professional truck driver. So I had a different perspective on things regarding rules of the road. I'd get into it all the time with serious "roadies" who were European road racer wannabes.
I give you a lot of credit. It's a tough job to begin with. Damn 4 wheelers that don't know how to share the road with trucks make it more difficult. I know flames are coming my way about the big bad trucks. Yes, there are some bad apples out there that give all a bad name but I cringe at what I see everyday on the road. I know some of it is ignorance which should be fixed by driver education but lots of it is just arrogance, stupidity and in general drivers today have no regard for rules of the road. They are more concerned with texting than they are with driving.