Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You're assuming quite a bit about many things. While I understand your frustration, you sound entitled. An officer doesn't have to warn anybody, and can choose to cite EVERYBODY. His reason for pulling you over was justified, and you noted that he was nice/cordial. How was that "hassling" or a power play? His/her job is to enforce traffic law(s). That's part of what we're paid to do (...and my base pay is a six figure number, so not meager by any means, and I'm not even at top step yet; overtime only sweetens the deal). You mention enforcing laws at our discretion, but that only seems to work for you when you are the one who benefits. Had he just given you a verbal warning, you wouldn't have had any issue(s) with the Officer/Deputy exercising his or her latitude. Why the double standard?!?

In any case, any time somebody is held accountable, we become bullies, power hungry people who were nerds in high school, dumb high school jocks or any/every other ridiculous stereotype. Being disliked, but expected to fix everybody's problems comes with the territory.
I was only doing 80 for a few seconds.....reminds me of the old joke about the copper doing a traffic stop on a guy who rolls a stop sign and explains that he slowed down so what's the difference, the copper says I'll take out my baton and start hitting you....do you want me to "stop or slow down"?
Nice analogy!!! Lol!
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50