View Single Post
      07-18-2023, 08:28 PM   #37
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

1. When I punched off a deuce next to the retaining wall and behind a bush when I was 8 years old. Green flies appeared within minutes. I watched the job go away over a period of weeks.

2. When I heard about Sputnik as I was picking up the evening newspapers for my corner market sales pitch. I was 10 years old.

3. When I heard that JFK had been shot. I was a junior in high school and 16 years old.

4. When Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon. I was in Vietnam and 22 years old. I was soaking wet and I could see the moon.

5. The day I returned home from Vietnam and separated from the Army.

6. The day my brother-in-law called and told me my dad died in his car. Dad was 55. I was 33 and suddenly the general manager of our mom & pop store.

7. The day I put the maiden flight (solo) on my rag-wing Piper after a 10 year rebuild. I was 40 years old.

8. My 1st day of retirement. I was 64 and spent the first 3 days in bed with the flu. That was 11 years ago.

Can't remember shit after that.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615508.00