View Single Post
      07-19-2023, 10:13 AM   #39
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Staying away from the main things already listed like 9/11 and such. And some of these things were not that long ago but will be long lasting and vivid memories.

I was about 5 years old sitting on the front step of our house eating a popsicle. Drunk driver ran into a large tree in our front yard, then got out and ran. I remember looking at the car when the cops were there and there were several beer cans in it.

In 4th grade, I stepped on a nail walking through the woods. The nail didn't go all the way through because a bone stopped it. Bone got chipped and was very painful.

Got to attend both game 7's of the 1987 and 1991 World Series with my dad and see the Twins win 2 championships.

In 7th grade a few 9th graders skipped school and went to one guys' house. At the house they found their parents hand gun, playing with it one guy got shot in the head and died.

I was a senior in high school when the Columbine shooting happened. I was scared the last few weeks of school thinking something like that would happen in my school.

Met my wife in January of 2009. Realized she was the younger sister of a guy I graduated high school with and the family lived a couple blocks away from my childhood home. I trick or treated at her house, and we rode the same bus as kids in the 80's and 90's, but we didn't meet until 2009.

Got married in July of 2011.

First son was born in November 2012

2nd son was born in June 2015.

My parents sold my childhood home and property to a developer and the land and house were excavated in 2020-- I can't drive past there anymore as the land is not recognizable.

Had to put our 14 month old pooch down August of 2022.

Got our current puppy this February.

Last edited by JMcLellan; 07-19-2023 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0