View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #19
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

^ good idea for carpet, if you feel you need carpet to make it rentable, go with carpet squares with a light adhesive if you need to replace any in the future. As with any flooring get extra for future replacement. The same is true for wall to wall rug. I always order extra and keep around and a few times I had section cut out due to damage and had piece spliced in.

I would stay away from engineer hardware for any place near water like kitchens or bathrooms. They say they are water resistance, but they still can be damaged by water. I just had to replace engineer hardware in my basement office due to an overhead leak that left an inch of water on the floor, the vapor barrier on the underside was no help.

I would go with the new vinyl snapped together floating floors. They are completely water resistant from the top or bottom and come in all kinds of styles and patterns these days. I just put this in my basement office, and got a great deal at Lowes. The fact they snapped together will allow you pull up and replace any which may have been damage with someone dropping something heavy on it with sharp corner. As it was pointed out tenants are capability of damaging any floor.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-16-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0