04-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #22
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
I think the carbon fiber body component experiment is done for now -- hence the end of i3 production in 2022.

My current plan is to order one of the last i3s BEV produced in June 2022 and lease it for 3 years. Once the lease is done, I'd expect BMWFS to offer a substantial discount on the purchase option.

We were offered a $6k discount off of lease residual price for the last i3 REX we returned at the end of lease (in 2019). I'd guess that the discount relative to residual will have to be larger than $6k in 2025 when our lease would end - given the advances in the EV market. With a big enough discount, I'd be willing to purchase the 2022 i3s BEV in 2025.

I, too, love the size and flexibility of the i3(s) -- the range is plenty for a local-only vehicle.
Yea I tried that we had a customers choice here in Illinois so it's like purchasing for a lease like payment and you have the balloon payment in the end.

They would not sell the car to me for the 10K less that it was worth as per contract obligations so I ended up selling to my boss lol. 27k owed at end of 3 year term sold for 17k

I guess every dealer is different.
Appreciate 0