02-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #35
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post

My man, no disrespect here but your age is showing. I agree that some have drive and some do not but there is no need for you take offense here as none of it is directed at you solely. We as the older generation have been around long enough to read people, mannerisms and reactions to know lack of understanding when we see it.

Would not the laziness that you have encountered at your place of employment be based on specific individuals as well and not just the "older generation?" Such as you describe above. Not all older people are lazy. Taking positions of older people is nothing to brag about it, it happens, it's science we've all done it. If it didn't happen, people in their 80's would still be doing the same jobs and the younger generation would all hold entry level positions.

A bit of advice. Don't make assumptions that you can trash anyone, especially the majority of us, with math or anything else for that matter. There is a big difference between being cocky and confident. Hint: confidence is the quieter of the two. A confident person doesn't have to explain his worth, it's evident.

Also, making the post that you did, actually shows that this alleged mentality of the younger generation being lazy struck a nerve with you thus displaying insecurities on a subconscious level otherwise you wouldn't have posted at all.

Not being a dick here, just offering some advice.
Point taken, I wasn't necessarily trying to hide my age, I'm not ashamed of my age nor do I care if I act a little hot headed(not trying to come off as a dick either). You're right I took somewhat of an offense. You're also right that I probably shouldn't have as there are always exceptions to each generation. The younger generations really get hammered by the older, I guess I feel bad for my current generation, thus my effort in trying to defend it. The ties to technology have been detrimental to the social development of the younger generation. I think they can do the math, but forms of anxiety hold them back.

My comment regarding my ability to trash the majority here in math was also an effort to try to defend the current generations. I wasn't necessarily attempting to brag for my own ability. I believe that the younger generation has far more means to progress then the older generation in math/science/etc based on how education has developed over the years. Technology has its benefits to those who know how to use it properly. Advanced classes are more readily available then they were in the past. They have much more capability at their finger tips.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00