View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #39
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Point taken, I wasn't necessarily trying to hide my age, I'm not ashamed of my age nor do I care if I act a little hot headed(not trying to come off as a dick either). You're right I took somewhat of an offense. You're also right that I probably shouldn't have as there are always exceptions to each generation. The younger generations really get hammered by the older, I guess I feel bad for my current generation, thus my effort in trying to defend it. The ties to technology have been detrimental to the social development of the younger generation. I think they can do the math, but forms of anxiety hold them back.

My comment regarding my ability to trash the majority here in math was also an effort to try to defend the current generations. I wasn't necessarily attempting to brag for my own ability. I believe that the younger generation has far more means to progress then the older generation in math/science/etc based on how education has developed over the years. Technology has its benefits to those who know how to use it properly. Advanced classes are more readily available then they were in the past. They have much more capability at their finger tips.
Yeah man, the younger generation will always catch flack by the older generation. I find myself saying the same things my father did when I was younger. "In my day" type stuff....kind of embarrassing really. You're exactly right on the technology and the education system. It's available for those that seek it. To be honest in my position now, I find myself researching information to gain a better understanding before I open my mouth talking to contractors to complete jobs so that I know what I'm talking about. At the same time, there is nothing wrong with admitting that you don't know something and allowing someone more knowledgeable to give some insight. It's those who act like they know and don't that tend to cause issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
That's the cycle of life. I'm Gen X and we were constantly found to be lazy, worthless, dreamers, by the older generation. Now the torch of bitterness has been passed as we look down on you little punks in judgement, secretly envious of your mastery of technology.
This.....i.e. snapchat
Appreciate 3
JP102462.00
DETRoadster11446.00