LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
Good question - I don't know - maybe it's because I only have 1 driver setup in the portal? But yes, what if 1 person turns it off and other turns it on, that makes no sense. I wish the only way to disable the vehicle location was through the portal, but that hasn't been my experience.

To detail my experience, car goes for software update (ID6).
I go to pick up car the next day, and discover that vehicle tracking in the app couldn't find the car at the dealership while I was waiting for it to be washed before being handed over to me.
Get to car - navigate through menus to find the setting had been turned off, check box to turn it back on, restart app and app started reporting car location again.
Yeah, I understand that progression. I suspect the app locator and the stolen vehicle tracking aren't the same at all. We can see where the car was parked in the app, but the ConnectedDrive team can activate a mode that allows them to see the car in real-time.

The only way to for us to know for sure would be to contact them and get clarification I guess. But I don't get any notification in the car that features like SOS won't work, but I do get this notice if I were to use the web portal.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.13.38 AM.png
Views: 1358
Size:  49.3 KB
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50