View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 04:28 AM   #83
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

I'm not surprised. It's at least six month that we hear about the 4pot here in Europe.

Now it's real. Ok, RIP AMG. I've never bought one, but I have to admit that their v8s were legendary, especially from 2000 to 2013.

The only selling point of the C63 was its engine, now will have a lot of power, but will offer nothing that can be defined as "exotic".

Before buying my current car, the F20 M140i, I drove really well both the RS3 (really nice car and sound but too much artificial), and the "old" A45 AMG, which was very balanced, but completely no engaging and with an awful sound. That engine produces only farts while changing, and is nothing more than a common Renault Clio SPort or MINI JCW, why have I to spend more than 60k euros for a jumped UP common car? My M140i is copetely stock (apart the rear differential) but is surely more special and technically advanced due to its engine and drive. is it slow? No worries, with less than a 1000k euros it can become a real killer, with just a simple engine map a different brake pads. No matter so, If I want I could tranform it in a real racer, but with a 4 pot which will be the difference? A drag race? Ok, it's only a win for a common softened driver...who buys products like the A45 it's not a real enthusiast, and it's not a real petrolhead, in my opinion. In terms of car, is what you buy and drive that defines you. The only 4 pot that I accept for an enthusiast is something coming from the past in classics Porsches, Alpines, Alfa Romeos or Lancias.

Ok guys, I'll go over the bad grille, BMW made another goal. It'll be the only real Sport sedan beside the AR Giulia Quadrifoglio facelift. There's no choice, but.....let's say thanks to God.....at least for other six/seven years we could buy a real sport sedan....not a sporty version of a forklift.
Appreciate 0