Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Exclamation Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #31: Pick 3

Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #31: Pick 3

BACKGROUND:

So, I picked this unusual and broader theme because I hope that more photogs (amateur or pro) can submit to this contest. Perhaps that was wishful thinking on my part... we'll see. I also wanted to steer your submissions towards taking new photos, as opposed to digging through your archives. The ice is finally thawing outside and hopefully spring is around the corner, but this theme gives plenty of room to think creatively indoors as well. I'm interested to see which "3" you come up with.

THEME:

The theme for this contest is to photograph 3 objects that begin with the same letter of the alphabet in a single photo or in a triptych. If you do a triptych, you must make sure that the objects relate to one another in some way, so it doesn't seem disjointed. These objects must be nouns (e.g. places, things). We do not want adjectives (words that describe a noun), verbs (words that express action), or proper nouns (e.g. people's/pet's names).

As a caveat, you may not simply use 3 of the same objects, like 3 pens or 3 pillows. They must be different! Remember, don't clutter your photo with objects that don't fit this theme. Also, to help in the judging process, title your submissions with the names of the 3 objects.

Examples of allowable objects in the same photo:
beans, berries, bowls
straw, string, salt
pens, paper, pencils

Examples of objects not allowed in the same photo:
seth, strawberry, stone <--- (proper noun violation)
bunny, bouncing, ball <--- (verb violation)
black, barn, boar <--- (adjective violation)

Now here is where it gets interesting. Choose the 3 objects based on what you can creatively photograph. Only photos that meet the required conditions above will be considered for the contest. As far as judging goes, I envision that the photos should be judged on creativity, technical merit, and composition.

Remember, be creative with your composition! As an example, obviously anyone can take a photo of a straw, piece of string, and a salt shaker. That would be boring if you just laid them out on your kitchen counter. But, what I would do is tape the piece of string inside the straw, have someone blow into the straw horizontally while having them empty some salt in front of the straw. Take a picture of that, and it might look pretty cool.

I apologize for the lengthy description of the theme, but I wanted to make it clear since it took me a while to wrap my head around it as well. Since this is my first one, please discuss the theme and let me know if this is too general, boring, or you would like something different. Thanks and good luck!

IMPORTANT DATES:

Entries must be submitted to this thread no later than Sunday, February 27th @ 11:59 PST. Voting begins the following day and ends on Thursday, March 3rd.

RULES:

1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Previous photos are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest.
4. Images must be no larger than 800px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is under 800px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on Bimmerpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.

Last edited by Chewy734; 02-19-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0