05-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #903
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Misunderstood my question. SC, where were you 13 weeks ago? (to gauge how effective it was in your case)
Here's a little history on me.

When I first began lifting/squatting in 2006, I had managed to get up to a 450-ish lb. squat. At the time, the depth of my squat was only at parallel or very slightly above parallel. I stopped squatting after awhile to focus more on my Capoeira development.

Fast forward to mid-2014.....

Last year I decided to work on my squat depth to obtain a well below parallel back squat (...also known as "ass to grass"). In order to achieve that, I started from scratch and worked my way up the weigh range; I did the same with my full ROM bench press. When I started SMOLOV, I could ATG one rep 335 lbs. comfortably, but I possibly could've performed a 1RM at 350 lbs. as well. I erred on the side of caution and started the program using 335 lbs. as my squat figure. About 6 or so weeks later I successfully did 405 lbs. ATG for one rep, and the Intense Mesocycle of the program was based off of that. I am now shooting for 425-450 lbs. this coming Thursday. In very real numbers, I have gained a solid 70 lb. increase in my squat thus far. If I pull off 425 lbs., that'll be a total of 90 lbs.; at 450 lbs. it'll be a total of 115 lbs. added to my squat in 13 weeks. It's amazing how effective the program truly is. I'm a much stronger person squatting that amount of weigh at the depth that I am. I'll be videotaping the attempt(s) as well, so I'll post it here.
Appreciate 1