09-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #438
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Guys, what's up with all the Bottas hate? This is getting ridiculous.

I think he's the perfect number 2 for Lewis. Just like Barrichello before for Schumacher.
And Coulthard for Mika. Bottas is genuinely quick in qualifying and can win a GP if the leader runs in to trouble. He also collects enough points for the team to win the Manufacturers WC.

Remember, two champs in one team is a recipe for disaster, just think of Piquet/Mansell or Prost/Senna. Lewis/Max will therefore never gonna happen.
From WDC and WCC perspectives, the approach is inarguable.

From entertainment, viewership, spectacle standpoints, the approach sucks.

Need Alonso, Max, someone alongside Lewis who can give him a race. BOT cannot. It's clear at this point. Why would anyone not prefer to see Lewis in wheel to wheel racing with a team rival? Really battling for his WDC?

If he beat Max, how much more meaningful would that be to his legacy?

So they'd clash every once in a while... The two Merc drivers could have taken each other out TWICE this year and provided RBR didn't pick up every one of those points, Merc would probably still be in the WCC lead. And we're about halfway through the season. That's how bad it's gotten. Credit to Merc, but I'm not the only one who sees a problem. '22 regs indicate how F1 ownership feels about the current state of things.

I'm not suggesting F1 become IndyCar, but a bit of that cutthroat team mgt mentality would make F1 so much better.

Look at Penske. Stocks the team with the best talent available, may the best man win, AND he expects them to not take each other out. Too many errors, possibly off the pace, you're in an IMSA prototype trying to earn your way back (Castroneves).

Appreciate 2