Undisputed World Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
I grew up about 100 miles from Savannah. It is hot in the summer time, but not too bad. There is decent night life (bars, clubs, etc.) near River St. That is a cobblestone street (historical) on the banks of the Savannah River. There is a downtown type area near River St. where there are tons of other bars and clubs. Savannah can be a lot of fun, kind of like a college town. There are a couple of colleges there, as a matter of fact. Plus it is close to the beach. Tybee Island is the closest public beach.

There is a huge St. Patrick's Day celebration down there. The crowds on River St that weekend are comparable to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Obviously there isn't that many people in all, but the people on River St that weekend are just as packed. It is crazy. There are women stripping off their clothes, cheap green beer, bands, etc.
Thanks for the info . I'll definitely look forward to St. Patty's Day (I'll make sure my girlfriend isn't in town). I'm about to sign a lease for some apartments in Wilmington Island that aren't too far from downtown. I think it will be a fun 6 months but I'm not looking forward to the humidity.
Appreciate 0