View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 05:22 PM   #41
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Technically it has a lot more than track performance going for it.... It's daily driveable, it has utility, its a manual, its fun to drive, its cheap, it holds value well, plenty of room for my kids in boosters, and so on.

And here's the funny part, it does all of those things BETTER than the G8x, another car which I loved and still appreciate. So yes, its FWD which carries more stigma than real drawback as a street driven vehicle. The FL5 just fits in with the other cars in my garage perfectly. As an only car, I would maybe take another M5 but really for real....a truck.
The bold part for effect. I've voiced this before and there's always a refrain. You're not convincing the anti-FWD crowd. There's absolutely no way you'll be able to reason with them, so it's an exercise in futility trying. The FWD thing has sort of taken on a life of its own much like the anti-EV sentiment parroted by so many of the nerds on this forum. The bottom line is: you like what you like, and they like what they like.
Appreciate 3
nicholasn261.00
(K)1282.50