07-08-2022, 06:59 PM   #92
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
That one is still the most egregious I've seen in a long time that wasn't punished. Ham straight up blew that corner and took away any chance Max had at getting DRS at the start there. We all know how the race wound up of course, but watching that race I couldn't believe they didn't penalize him in someway as he just blasted straight through that chicane and picked up over a second on Max by doing so. Huge advantage.
What? It’s funny how people see things so differently or selectively remember… to me that was just excellent driving by Lewis, good prediction and quick thinking to avoid Max’s attempt to deliberately ram him and crash him out of the race… Lewis was quick to respond and dodged Max’s gross attempt… Max should have been penalized for that, not Lewis. And Lewis didn’t gain any advantage in his leaving the course, meanwhile the complete story is Max was an all-out menace on the track and threatening everyone’s safety. During that same race Max himself prior to that picture & without being pushed opted to cut the same corner and gained an advantage over Lewis.

There’s a reason a picture was posted and not the video clearly showing Max’s dangerous driving that led to Hamilton deft evasive action.
Appreciate 1