View Single Post
      07-08-2022, 07:44 PM   #101
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
Thx for posting, I couldn’t find it. If I was HAM I’d do the same, Max was a seething nut-job on the track last season, and especially during that race... you bet I’d keep my 10M car away from that dangerous half-drunk on adrenaline jackass. Hell yeah I’d gun it and cut the corner after that BS and put him in my rearviewmirror.

If it wasn’t for Max’s dangerous & erratic driving during that race, HAM wouldn’t have gone over the line and if he did, well he would have been penalized.

I don’t see how anyone can honestly blame Lewis for that move if you actually watched the race in it’s entirety and understood how dangerous Max was last season.

To Max’s credit, he’s way better this year… I’m guessing with a championship (albiet questionably won) under his belt, and I bet quietly the FIA or some others had some real sharp words for him about his shit driving last season… either way, he is very much acting like a professional F1 driver this year, not the dishonorable karting-deuche he was last year.
Sure no problem, I had to watch it again as the senior moments are getting more and more common for me these days.

Do I think Max dive bombed the corner? Yes. Do I think it was Hamilton's corner? Yes. My only issue is the advantage Hamilton gained by blowing the chicane and just flooring it. Now, I really can't give you an answer as to what he should have done. Perhaps slow down through the chicane and try to keep the same distance he had with Max on entering the turn? Possibly, but good luck trying to get that done in the heat of the moment and getting the position correct without risk of Max blowing by him because he slowed down too much.

I just personally think Hamilton got way too huge of an advantage coming out of that corner, and if not for Max's move of course the penalty would have been obvious. Maybe not such an easy call for the stewards the more I think about it, but certainly an interesting moment up for debate!
Appreciate 1
NYG10742.50