05-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #104
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I guess LH doesn't understand that RBR was a team that has been around and traded ownership for many years before Red Bull got involved. They have an F1 history (maybe not as successful as McLaren). Just because Red Bull have now given them the financial means to be successful doesn't mean you simply dismiss them as a drink company and diss all the great motorsports professionals that have been involved with this team since before the were RBR. Also, I'd say to LH give me a freakin break. Are you telling me that if Monster Energy drink came in and bought/and or sponsored McLaren that you'd stop thinking of them as a motorsport company and not drive for them? Pleeeeease.

Also to address the cocky issue and the posting of SV holding up his finger as he always does: There is a big difference in both mind set and perception between cocky and confident. SV is confident. He never brags or disses anyone. He's never talked shiet about a competitor even when he's at the losing end. Yes cockiness and confidence are absolutely needed for success at the top of any profession, esp sports. But confidence is what produces long term repeat success. Cockiness will give you bursts of success but it ends up becoming hollow and leads to eventual failure and mediocrity. What LH felt during his championship year was confidence. What he displays now is cockiness fueled by frustration over his car's lack of winning performance and his own self doubts. His comments are just a result of that frustration. He will figure it out and return to his winning ways.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Appreciate 0