vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Still looking for a solution for the Touchbar though.
This is what I did to make the bar tolerable...except for function keys when I press the FN button:

To customize the Control Strip, hit the button I pointed to and it will bring up a funky editor. You can drag down any one of the buttons (including the blank spaces off the bottom of the screen, and drop it onto the physical Touchbar like it is a second display.

If you don't need the F1-F12 keys, you can make a completely blank control strip and then set the FN key picklist to App Controls or Spaces.

While I was writing this post, I swapped the order above so that F1-F12 are on all the time, and pressing FN loads the Control Strip. All of the F-keys seem benign in Opera and a few other apps that I use, except for F11 which seems to be a MacOS toggle that "window shades" all of the open windows up behind the Menu Bar at the top of the screen so that you can see the desktop. You could then safely use one of the other Touchbar options protected by FN.

Feel free to see if one of these options makes sense for you.....